Brentor village, Devon
Brentor is a village in West Devon District about five and a half miles north of Tavistock. It lies on the western flanks of Dartmoor near Mary Tavy and is probably best known for its volcanic rock tor topped by St. Michael's Church. The tor stands at a height of 1,130 feet and is used as a landmark all over West Devon. The views from the top are simply spectacular.
St Michael's Church dates from the middle of the 12th Century and was constructed by Robert Giffard, its tower added in the early 13th Century and raised higher in the 14th. The church was renovated in the Victorian era in about 1889.
The population of Brentor was 423 in the 2001 Census. It lies in the PL19 postcode area just west of the A386 road.
Stay at a nearby Holiday Park and keep the kids amused all day! Parks in the vicinity include those at:
Plenty of hotels are available locally. Consider those in the local towns: