North Bovey village, Devon
North Bovey is a pretty village and parish situated on a hillside above the river Bovey in the east of Dartmoor. The parish contains a large number of archaeological remains such as hut circles and other Bronze Age sites. The marks of ancient tin works lie to the west around Headland Warren. The most important mining concern around here being the Birch Tor and Vitifer mine.
The 15th century granite church of St. John the Baptist has 16th century benches, and slabs on the floor commemorate local worthies of the 17th and 18th century.
The excellent grade II* listed building of Bovey Castle lies nearby. It was designed by Detmar Blow and built in 1905-7 for Viscount Hambledon, son of W. H. Smith, the newsagent. It is now a luxury hotel and spa with an 18-hole championship golf course.
Stay at a nearby Holiday Park and keep the kids amused all day! Parks in the vicinity include those at:
Plenty of hotels are available locally. Consider those in the local towns: